A Prayer for the Coatneys
O God, our God, Who sent Your Only-Begotten Son for our salvation, send down your Holy Spirit upon these your servants, the Coatney family, that they may proclaim Your Good News and share Your love. Travel with them and deliver them from all agitation, slander, and devices of the evil one. Keep them strong in body and soul so that they may be light to those still in darkness. Grant that they may fulfill Your command to feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, welcome the stranger, clothe the naked, care for the sick, and visit the prisoner. May their service be pleasing in Your sight, glorifying Your most Holy and magnificent name, of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Specific Prayer Concerns
- praise God that we’ve raised enough support to come on staff with CVM and take the next big step towards getting to Mekelle!
- that we continue to bolster our incoming financial support so that we can move to Mekelle as soon as possible, and stay there as long as possible
- that individuals will respond quickly and positively as we reach out to meet and share our vision for ministry and our financial goals
- for Kristen’s health, and the health of the baby, due June 10
- for a smooth and quick transition process as we seek to foster-to-adopt a three year old family member who was placed with us 9/10/18
- for John in Mekelle, as he’s separated for Kristen and the boys, for safety and productivity
- for John as he works to finish writing his PhD thesis while preparing to move the family to Ethiopia
- for a reasonable and predictable timeline for the John’s preparatory trip to Ethiopia, the adoption, and the family’s move several months later
- for the boys as they prepare to become “third culture kids“
- for preparation for homeschooling the boys in Mekelle
- that John and Kristen’s marriage would remain strong (and grow even stronger) in the face of all the stresses and challenges associated with this process
- for John and Kristen’s extended family as they adjust to the idea of us moving overseas